Led by Prof. Víctor Puntes, the work of the Inorganic Nanoparticles Group focuses on the synthesis, characterization and applications of engineered inorganic nanoparticles. By mastering the engineering of the inorganic core (size, structure and shape), and understanding and controlling the linking of molecules to the nanoparticle surface, we aim to engineer nanoparticles that can interact with other systems (biological, medical, materials, etc.) in a specific way. We intend the most comprehensive approach of nanoparticle engineering, and so we also put especial emphasis on safety, scale-up, applicability, and other aspects of nanoparticle design.
Since the group was established, our research work has stood on three pillars: synthesis (the creation of the NPs), conjugation and functionalization, and finally applications of NPs. Following on this, the current main research lines of the group are:
- Advanced synthesis of complex nanostructures
- Nanotoxicology, nanosafety and nanosustainability
- Nanomedicine: nanoarriers for drug delivery and nanoparticles as active principle
- Nanoconjugation to address cell response
- Nanoparticles for energy solutions
You can find more information about us on our group website!